Firstly apologies that this post is late today, it’s been one busy day at work!
I did meet a lovely girl today who just glowed with happiness. I mean literally GLOWED . And it was catching. Her beauty radiated from the inside out. The crazy thing was she was telling a co-worker and I some of the trials she’s facing. But she wasn’t complaining, this was totally different. It made me realize the blessings I have and that happiness is a choice.
So, I invite you to choose to be happy, everyday.
Today I wanted to take a look at some wardrobe essentials. These are items that are building blocks for your wardrobe. And when I say essentials, they certainly don’t have to be basic. Here are a few of mine:
- The Black Blazer: This can be teamed with jeans, skirts, shorts and dresses. You can smarten it up with heels and jewelry or tone it down with pumps. Check out this gem from H&M:
- The Classic Pump: Whether natural nude, or sleek black, a pair of pumps can be matched with any outfit. So when all else fails, go with the pumps! I love the gloss look, check out these beauties from Aldo Shoes:
- Those ‘Fit Me Right’ Jeans: Whether it’s the boyfriend or bootleg, colored or skinny, jeans are a wardrobe must have. I’ve gone with these ASOS Curve exclusives from ASOS US in green #4:
- The White Button-Down Shirt: Fitted ones will get the most wear. They’re a lot easier to tuck in and certainly look neat when left out. Here’s the Poplin Studio Shirt from Zara:
- The Cardigan: A neutral shade will go with anything! Check out this metallic-blend cardigan from Forever 21:
- The Ballet Flats: An absolute MUST! And if you’re feeling adventurous check out these foldable flats from British company Butterfly Twists. They’re foldable so you can take them away with you when you go out!
- The Plain Tee/Tank: Easy to throw on for a casual look or to accessorize up for something more smart. Here’s a plain black tee from ASOS US:
There you have it, for now 🙂 I’ll probably add to this list over time but this is by far my top 7!